Belize City, Belize – April 25, 2014- The Minister of Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation, the Hon. Manuel Heredia, Jr. is pleased to announce the appointment of the new Board of Directors for the Belize Tourism Board, effective, Wednesday, April 23, 2014. At the helm of the team is Acting Chairman Mr. Einer Gomez, General Manager of Ramon’s Village Resort.
"We welcome Mr. Gomez and the other Members to the BTB’s Board of Directors and look forward to working with them to lead the BTB,” said Hon. Manuel Heredia, Jr. Speaking of the work ahead, the Minister commented, "Committed to fostering long-term growth, this leadership is well-positioned to strengthen the institution and ensure meaningful stakeholder engagement”.
Belize Tourism Board’s Board of Directors 2014-2016:
*Einer Gomez, Acting Chairman
* Herbert Haylock, Belize Tourism Industry Association Representative
* Doug Thompson, Belize Hotel Association Representative
* Gaspar Guerrero, Local Airline Sector Representative
* Neil Bradley, Cayes & Outer Islands Representative
* Glen Eiley, Southern Region Representative
* Rosendo Urbina Sr., Northern Region Representative
* Gamayel Babb, Legal Expertise
* Christy Mastry, Project Management and Planning
* Tracy Panton, CEO, Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation
Dr. Carla Barnett’s appointment as Chair Designate of the Belize Tourism Board will not take effect until later this year when she has completed her current assignment at the Caribbean Development Bank.
The BTB acknowledges all past Members of the BTB Board of Directors for their stellar service and commitment to the Belize Tourism Industry.