Primary tabs

Residents at a San Pablo home got a pretty big scare in the morning of Friday, July 23, as a fire broke out on the second floor of a concrete home. According to official reports tenants on the ground floor of the building called the San Pedro Police Department as the smell of smoke filled their apartments. The San Pedro Fire Department was called by the Police department at around 8:24 a.m. and quickly left to the scene.

Melisa and Emir Marin, owners of the building and who reside in the second floor, had already left their home and nobody was there at the time of the fire. According to police officers at the scene, the fire was caused by a window AC unit which ignited a bed in one of the rooms.

The quick response of the fire department prevented a major catastrophe. The fire was completely extinguished in 15 minutes. The concrete building mostly suffered smoke and water damage but the room where the fire started was totally damaged. The building was insured at RFG Insurance and a total of $90,000 worth of damaged was reported.

The San Pedro Fire Department would like to remind residents to call 226-2372 to report a fire and not 911.

$90K Plus Fire Damages to San Pablo Home$90K Plus Fire Damages to San Pablo Home$90K Plus Fire Damages to San Pablo Home

admin's picture

Administrator

Ambergris Today Administrator

No comment

Leave a Response