Many people believe that stress is for adults or people with a lot of problems. Most people believe that young people, especially teenagers do not suffer stress. However, let me define stress. Stress is a distraction from our true selves.
How many times have we heard this phrase being thrown at us over and over again? Plenty, but despite it we can’t deny agreeing with it! Being educated is quite different than having an education. What separates them apart is the knowledge to practice your learnt capabilities in your field of work.
Teen Talk Reporter- Solani Graniel
Ambergris Today is happy to announce the addition of Emilie Gomez as part of the Teen Talk team. She will be contributing articles and assisting Solani Graniel with the Teen Talk Column. We welcome Emelie and we invite you to read these great articles submitted by contributing writers who are both seniors at San Pedro High School.
The year is over; time flew by so fast! This is the time to reflect back and think of everything we have achieved this year whether good or bad! This is the time to sit down and find out if we have any accomplishments, regrets and think of the wonderful memories we will always cherish forever! The New Year is almost here and a lot of us are excited to see what this year holds for us.
Who does not know what Facebook is these days, really? If you do not have a Facebook account you have friends who keep you updated with what is going. But these days it’s hard to think of a teenager not being on Facebook.
We have heard complaints, we have seen a protest and strikes on the television, comments and remarks on the newspaper - adults against the big clock to be put on the middle of the front street. Every adult has had a say in this except for us youths. So this is why I decided to ask my fellow friends: “What do you think about the town clock?
- by Teen Talk Reporter Solani Graniel - "I am surrounded by friends, but have no friends." This is how many young people find themselves today. They experience being among a lot of friends but not feeling particularly close to any of them.
- by Solani Graniel, Teen Talk Reporter - George Cadle Price, better known as the “Father of Our Nation” was born on January 15, 1919 . He was born in Belize City to William and Irene Price; he entered politics in 1947 with his election to the Belize City Council.
Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affection, or romantic attraction primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex.
We all know what makes our ice cream sweet. We know when our coffee has been over sweetened and what’s wrong with too many sweet cookies? But is your boyfriend/girlfriend sweet? Perhaps she/he cooks a dinner for you; you call each other every minute just to say I love you; your boyfriend gives you flowers every once in a while or when he tells you are the only girl for him without lying!
Ambergris Today is happy to introduce Solani Graniel as the new member of Dorian’s Angels and Journalist of Teen Talk. Solani is a proud fifteen year old Sanpedrana; she is an academic science student at the San Pedro High School. Her hobbies are dancing, swimming, playing soccer and spending time with her family at the beach.
The media, magazines, television programs, movies, portray what good looking and beautiful IS!! But they are wrong. As beautiful as they might seem, the real fixation is that they are Photoshopped. I’m not saying all, however most of them. In such cases teens believe “OH IF I’M NOT SKINNY I’M NOT BEAUTIFUL”. Don’t get me wrong either.
You probably saw it on the news or on Facebook – a poor timid school boy being punched in the face by a bully! After the poor kid had had enough, he picked up the bully and body slammed him onto the floor. And after his actions, the school was planning on punishing the boy who was being bullied. Isn’t that crazy? The poor kid had enough of the physical abuse and decided to fight back.
- By Gabriela Nuñez, Teen Talk Reporter Talking in front of or to the mirror is nothing that you want to boast in public. But let's face it, there are so many who do this but keep quiet about it. When you do so, you are actually talking to yourself. Do you know that it is actually okay to talk to yourself?
- by Gabriela Nuñez, Teen Talk Reporter I was reading Cosmopolitan the other day and I stumbled upon an article in which the author sought to find out what small habits some guys have that might seem a bit "Girly". Although sometimes some habits might seem to be only meant for girls, there is nothing wrong for guys to do as well.
- By Gabriela Nuñez, Teen Talk Reporter
- by Gabriela Nuñez, Teen Talk Reporter Mobile phones are becoming ever more popular everywhere. They are convenient. Your friends and parents can contact you anytime, anywhere - and you them. Some models allow you to exchange short text messages, which is the latest way for young people to feed their urge to communicate. There are even mobile phones that can connect you to cyberspace, providing access to Web sites and E-mail.
GOSSIP can fill your life with more intrigue than a feature film. When our parents were in their teens, the latest buzz was most often spread by word of mouth. Today, though, gossip has gone high-tech. Armed with e-mail and instant messaging, a boy or a girl with malicious intent can tarnish your reputation without even speaking a word. All it takes is a few keystrokes to send a vicious rumor on its way to dozens of eager recipients.
THE NEW YEAR for most people is for a new beginning, a new life, a new change. Most teens look forward for new opportunities in making better decisions, better choices, and most of all starting a better life free from all the wrong and silly mistakes we do. Most of us wait for this special time to improve our behavior in order to get along with our friends, perhaps our teachers and our surrounding especially with our parents. The other percentage of teens takes this opportunity to commit themselves in one way or another in something that they believe in. Some other teens take this new