Ambergris Caye Directory
Celebrating September 10
The Battle of St. Georges Caye Day was celebrated on Wednesday, September 10th with the coronation of Miss San Pedro 2008, a school uniform parade and a family fishing tournament.
Lizette Vasquez was crowned by outgoing Miss San Pedro Angie Alamilla and her first task as the New Miss San Pedro was to award the winners of the fishing tournament that took place at the end of the day. For the first time ever, two sharks were reeled in, including a 202lbs shark by Flor Bradley and the winning boat weighed in over 200lbs of fish. Fifteen boats entered the tournament. More pictures online at www.ambergristoday.com and our blog www.ambergristoday.blogspot.com.
Below are the results of the fishing tournament:
* 1st Place ($1,500) - Uprising - Captain Erick Henkis -204 1/2 lbs.
* 2nd Place ($1,000) - Baby Robert - Captain Roberto Bradley - 148 lbs.
* 3rd Place ($500) - Excalibur - Captain Nano Marin - 143 1/2 lbs.
* Other Prizes: Shark ($250) - Flor Bradley aboard “Flor”
* Biggest Fish ($300) - 18 lb. Kingfish - Flor Bradley
Caye Caulker Ocean Academy Up for UNICEF Sponsored Award
Belize Icon Paul Nabor Passes Away
Belize Conducts Activities for the Possible Entry of Ebola
BTB Gives $10,000 to FCD Park Ranger Program - $320,00 Raised
Miss San Pedro Michelle Nuñez Works on Empowering Women
Life Without Toilet Paper
Panty Ripper Angels!
Miss Costa Maya 2012 Weds, Possible Crown Replacement
Tropic Air is Making Things Happen
Alfa Iguana at Belize’s Green Iguana Conservation Project Dies