Ambergris Caye Directory
Celebrating September 10
The Battle of St. Georges Caye Day was celebrated on Wednesday, September 10th with the coronation of Miss San Pedro 2008, a school uniform parade and a family fishing tournament.
Lizette Vasquez was crowned by outgoing Miss San Pedro Angie Alamilla and her first task as the New Miss San Pedro was to award the winners of the fishing tournament that took place at the end of the day. For the first time ever, two sharks were reeled in, including a 202lbs shark by Flor Bradley and the winning boat weighed in over 200lbs of fish. Fifteen boats entered the tournament. More pictures online at www.ambergristoday.com and our blog www.ambergristoday.blogspot.com.
Below are the results of the fishing tournament:
* 1st Place ($1,500) - Uprising - Captain Erick Henkis -204 1/2 lbs.
* 2nd Place ($1,000) - Baby Robert - Captain Roberto Bradley - 148 lbs.
* 3rd Place ($500) - Excalibur - Captain Nano Marin - 143 1/2 lbs.
* Other Prizes: Shark ($250) - Flor Bradley aboard “Flor”
* Biggest Fish ($300) - 18 lb. Kingfish - Flor Bradley
Travellers Launches New Fiesta Rum - The Belizean Party Rum
Councilor Alamilla Spearheads Free Back To School Haircuts Program
Iris Salguero Selected New Miss San Pedro 2015
Mexican Embassy Works on Boosting Tourism in Belize
Jimmy Buffett Brings His Sea Plane to San Pedro!
You Too Can Eat Like Royalty in Belize
San Pedro Lions Club Announces Peace Poster Winners
San Pedro Takes One Step Forward in Solid Waste Management
Belize Maya 2012: The Countdown Has Begun!