Ambergris Caye Directory
Celebrating September 10
The Battle of St. Georges Caye Day was celebrated on Wednesday, September 10th with the coronation of Miss San Pedro 2008, a school uniform parade and a family fishing tournament.
Lizette Vasquez was crowned by outgoing Miss San Pedro Angie Alamilla and her first task as the New Miss San Pedro was to award the winners of the fishing tournament that took place at the end of the day. For the first time ever, two sharks were reeled in, including a 202lbs shark by Flor Bradley and the winning boat weighed in over 200lbs of fish. Fifteen boats entered the tournament. More pictures online at www.ambergristoday.com and our blog www.ambergristoday.blogspot.com.
Below are the results of the fishing tournament:
* 1st Place ($1,500) - Uprising - Captain Erick Henkis -204 1/2 lbs.
* 2nd Place ($1,000) - Baby Robert - Captain Roberto Bradley - 148 lbs.
* 3rd Place ($500) - Excalibur - Captain Nano Marin - 143 1/2 lbs.
* Other Prizes: Shark ($250) - Flor Bradley aboard “Flor”
* Biggest Fish ($300) - 18 lb. Kingfish - Flor Bradley
Rugby Training Starts in San Pedro
San Pedro Beauty to Represent Belize in Honduras
House Fire Quickly Averted by Quick Thinking
Belizean Sailors Shine in Guinness Record-Setting Sailing Attempt
Tropical Storm Hanna Develops Over Nicaragua & Honduras
Nine Delegates for Miss Belize Pageant, July 7
Why Judging People is Wrong
Tropic Air Adds Two New Cessna Caravans to Fleet
Washington University to Conduct Blood Drive in San Pedro
Belize Fashion Week Commences in San Pedro