Ambergris Caye Directory
Celebrating September 10
The Battle of St. Georges Caye Day was celebrated on Wednesday, September 10th with the coronation of Miss San Pedro 2008, a school uniform parade and a family fishing tournament.
Lizette Vasquez was crowned by outgoing Miss San Pedro Angie Alamilla and her first task as the New Miss San Pedro was to award the winners of the fishing tournament that took place at the end of the day. For the first time ever, two sharks were reeled in, including a 202lbs shark by Flor Bradley and the winning boat weighed in over 200lbs of fish. Fifteen boats entered the tournament. More pictures online at www.ambergristoday.com and our blog www.ambergristoday.blogspot.com.
Below are the results of the fishing tournament:
* 1st Place ($1,500) - Uprising - Captain Erick Henkis -204 1/2 lbs.
* 2nd Place ($1,000) - Baby Robert - Captain Roberto Bradley - 148 lbs.
* 3rd Place ($500) - Excalibur - Captain Nano Marin - 143 1/2 lbs.
* Other Prizes: Shark ($250) - Flor Bradley aboard “Flor”
* Biggest Fish ($300) - 18 lb. Kingfish - Flor Bradley
Hon. Manuel Heredia Awards Top Island PSE Students
Fun Island Activities to Celebrate Dia de San Pedro
Green Reef Youth Summer Camp Has Space for 100 Campers
Grupo Ladron to Highlight Costa Maya: Meet Miss Nicaragua
Learn How to ‘Tippy Toe’ at Costa Maya with Rising Star El Chevo
Introduction to Media & Broadcasting Seminar
Super Perigee Moon Shines Over Belize
A Fashion Tribute to Belizean History
Saga Goes High-Tech For Halloween Auction
ABC Pre School Christmas Presentation