Ambergris Caye Directory
Celebrating September 10
The Battle of St. Georges Caye Day was celebrated on Wednesday, September 10th with the coronation of Miss San Pedro 2008, a school uniform parade and a family fishing tournament.
Lizette Vasquez was crowned by outgoing Miss San Pedro Angie Alamilla and her first task as the New Miss San Pedro was to award the winners of the fishing tournament that took place at the end of the day. For the first time ever, two sharks were reeled in, including a 202lbs shark by Flor Bradley and the winning boat weighed in over 200lbs of fish. Fifteen boats entered the tournament. More pictures online at www.ambergristoday.com and our blog www.ambergristoday.blogspot.com.
Below are the results of the fishing tournament:
* 1st Place ($1,500) - Uprising - Captain Erick Henkis -204 1/2 lbs.
* 2nd Place ($1,000) - Baby Robert - Captain Roberto Bradley - 148 lbs.
* 3rd Place ($500) - Excalibur - Captain Nano Marin - 143 1/2 lbs.
* Other Prizes: Shark ($250) - Flor Bradley aboard “Flor”
* Biggest Fish ($300) - 18 lb. Kingfish - Flor Bradley
Belize Announces Farmers of the Year 2016
Norwegian Getaway Makes First Call to Belize
Belize Welcomes ACP Resolution on Belize Guatemala Dispute
Celebrity Spotting NBA Star Danilo Gallinari Visits Ambergris Caye
Destination Belize Reveals New Magazine Theme
Confirmation in San Pedro
Belize is Finalist for Miss World Top Model in China
Missing Orange Walk Boy Could Be in Ambergris Caye
Belize Names First Female Attorney General
Lionfish by the Hundreds at 1st Ever Tournament!