Ambergris Caye Directory
Large Fire Averted at Micky's Place
At around 2:30p.m. on Sunday, November 28, 2010, neighbours of Micky’s Place restaurant assisted in the extinguishing a fire that erupted from the restaurants kitchen located at Plaza Sol on Pescador Drive in downtown San Pedro. The San Pedro Fire Department arrived shortly.
The San Pedro Police received a call from neighbors of Micky's Place reporting flames and smoke coming from the establishment. According to the restaurant’s owner, it is believed that the fire was caused because the deep fryer had been left on after the restaurant had closed after midday. The oil ignited and the thick smoke filled the restaurant.
The quick response prevented a bigger disaster as the Fire Department only reports damage to the fryer, besides water and smoke damage to the interior of the restaurant. Micky’s Place had to temporarily close for cleanup but should be back in business in no time.
New Belize-Mexico Bi-national Border Bridge ‘Chactemal’ Opens
US Air Force surgeon helps Belizean boy get 'new hand'
Kim Simplis Addresses Infection Outbreak at the KHMH
Belize Conch Season Closed Until October
Missing Body Murder Case on The Island