Ambergris Caye Directory
Survival Handbook 2010
It’s the beginning of a new year and I think it’s a good time to look at ways to improve your quality of life for next year. An acquaintance of mine sent me this email and I feel compelled to pass on to you. He offered simple rules to succeed in 2010. -Emmanuel
For everyone who has worked, played, or touched my life in some manner over the past year I offer a sincere wish for a very prosper and happy New Year. To help start you on that path I offer a simple handbook for the New Year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Make time to pray.
- Play more games
- Read more books than you did in 2009
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes’ walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control; Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don't overdo. Keep your limits.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
- Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner about his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree..
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything..
- Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
- GOD heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come..
- When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
- Your Inner child is always happy. So, be happy.
I couldn’t have said it better myself. To all of you out there in San Pedro and beyond! Happy New Year!!! Cheers!
Excerpt from "Secrets To Life Book" by Chris Emmanuel
Book available at Chris Emmanuel Art Gallery (Sunbreeze Hotel) and Pages Book Store
Missing Body Murder Case on The Island
Belize Conch Season Closed Until October
Kim Simplis Addresses Infection Outbreak at the KHMH
New Belize-Mexico Bi-national Border Bridge ‘Chactemal’ Opens
US Air Force surgeon helps Belizean boy get 'new hand'
Costa Maya Presents Miss Honduras
International Travel Writers Visit El Secreto Resort Belize
Remembering Sir Barry Bowen